Saturday, February 04, 2012

Out of Exile || A Blog About Blogging

I think I'm going to start blogging again. If I do, I'll be using appropriate grammar and capitalization from now on. My previous blog-style method of "capitalization reserved for 'God' and 'Jesus'" is a little passé for my liking nowadays. Furthermore, I believe in communication, therefore necessary to tell my story the best I know how—and I know how to use grammar. And I think it'll be a little easier on the eyes. ;)

It's been almost 5 years since my last blog, so I've spent the last couple days redesigning this thing. My goodness, has technology evolved! Last time I blogged, I didn't have Facebook, or a smartphone. I've just been thinking about all the changes in my life since I've been on here—don't even get me started on my theology.

Hopefully I'll get to embellish on that last point a little more in the next little while, but for now I thought I'd stick to the easy topics. My last blog post (circa 2007) talked about a new job at Everlasting Moments. I served 5 years working there, which came to an end in September of last year. I've since been working at The Meeting House in Oakville, as a Video Editor. There is a story that goes along with that, purely God at work in my life, but stay tuned for that one.

Other life events for me have included getting married, moving a number of times, attending new churches, travelling, starting a business, and not blogging about any of it (sorry!).

If you are interested in the details from the aforementioned marriage, you can check out Laura and my wedding website here.

I've added pictures to my blog. Like this ^ one!
I should mention that I've taken the time to "enhance" my blog from it's previous state; meaning, I've gone through each post and upped the font size a few notches, reformatted all of them, added pictures to each and every one of them, and changed the whole look of the blog. It's even dynamic so you can switch the layout if you disagree with my taste in blogs. I even added labels to each blog based on topics covered, and you'll notice a handy-dandy search bar at the top, which can be used to search for labels you see listed at the bottom of each post (not that you need me to tell you that, you hipster, you!).

My hope was that by dressing things up and making it look pretty, it might be easier for me to keep this up.

One other thing I've noticed, looking back at my previous blogs, is that my worldview has changed a lot since I started doing this. I would even go so far as to attribute keeping this blog to the development and continuation of my faith. It has helped me keep track of where I've come from, who I am becoming, and how I am getting there. So how could I give that up now? My hope is that you would encourage me to keep this going, and if you've discovered this for the first time, and you know me, well, reading anything I've written here might explain my expletive personality and abhorrent behaviour. In fact, I'd love for you to find something I said, and ask me if I'd say that now! If you have that much time to waste, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment